Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Tuesday Night's TV (17/1/06)

Can ANYONE understand what Dennis Rodman mumbles about? And is Faria single-handedly reviving the fashion label, Dash? The pair attempted courtship last night in CBB. For Faria this entailed sticking her tongue out of the side of her mouth like someone who'd had a stroke. Dennis, meanwhile, told her he'd like to cover her naked form in sushi and eat it off. Is the smell of salty, raw fish emanating from someone very erotic? Horses for courses I suppose. He must have got the idea from this bloke I saw on the telly a few weeks ago who sells nights with a sushi-laden Japanese girl for extortionate prices to Hollywood types. I wonder if it works with the cuisines of other cultures? Perhaps a Russian doused in goulash, or a Chinese woman dripping with sweet and sour prawn balls. Excuse me, I'm getting the horn.
The new series of Shameless shamefully didn't get reviewed last week. Paul Abbot's world is so textured you can almost reach out and touch it - you just wouldn't want to for fear of scabies. Personally, I shan't forget David Threlfall singing his version of 'What's Up Pussycat?' with the lyrics "Pussycat, Pussycat, you're a tosser" for a very long time. The programme's just so nasty, and sharp, and British. I love it.
I also caught a bit of the dramatisation of Elizabeth David's life on BBC2 which seemed to owe a lot to Marks and Spencer ads. You know the ones: "This isn't just a cake, it's a very sexy cake". I think I might know how to make mayonnaise now though. Certainly more helpful than when I asked Rodman who just muttered, "I'll show you something something making creamy something goddam sauce, bitch!". I think the boy needs finishing school. Or perhaps simply to finish school. Eviction night tonight - who's going? You decide. Oh, ok then, Faria please.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Telly Ellie, what are your thoughts on the revelation that Preston's nightly jaunt to the Diary Room is to receive his DRUGS?

Telly Ellie said...

WHAT DRUGS??! Illicit ones or pharms? Where can I read about this, disappointedkid? Has he got lupus? He does look a bit ill...

Anonymous said...

The ever-reliable Daily Star is my trusted source. http://www.dailysnack.com/celebrity_news_article.html?fSKU=1906
These meds aside, I'm willing to bet he does in fact have lupus, whatever that is. I hope you find space to review the Neighbours plane crash tomorrow! xxx

Telly Ellie said...

Is it ok to feel sorry for Preston for his alleged valium addiction? Because I do. I want to press him to my bosom and assure him it will all turn out fine in the end. But I'm not going to waste too much time worrying about it - it is the Daily Star after all. And Neighbours most certainly will be on the hitlist tomorrow x x x