Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Monday night's TV (5/6/06)

By the way, if anyone tells you Desperate Housewives is a kooky, cool, surreal American drama with a Twin Peaks sensibility, smack 'em in the face. Judging on several episodes of the second series which I have been unfortunate enough to catch, I can reveal that it is weakly written and even mildly offensive (last night Gaby and her husband coerced their Chinese maid into carrying their baby; apparently you can trick domestic slaves into that sort of thing because they are stupid and foreign). I can't even be bothered to dissect it further, suffice to say that why any man would go through the niggles of relationships with the deeply unlikeable and two-dimensional main characters is beyond me. And there's only so much Botox a face can take, Teri Hatcher. Something's going down on Wisteria Lane? The show itself, it would seem.

I got into an argument on the Digital Spy forums last week when I started the thread 'Where are the intelligent women on BB?". Many people seemed to think that Grace was intelligent, despite my pointing up that confidence and intelligence aren't necessarily the same thing. I now have my own conclusive proof that she is in fact a silly moo, complaining about the "amniosity" in the house during yesterday's BB. Amniosity? Is that the feeling you get when you don't want a baby? I actually wonder if there have ever been any intelligent people in BB, because intelligence is, in most cases, linked to reading and anyone who is happy to go into a house without the possibility of picking up a book for three months has to be a bit of a thicko in my opinion. If I was a housemate, that would be far more difficult for me to come to terms with than Sam continually trying to make me look like I had rosacea. Honestly, can you imagine it? No printed word? I'd rather felch Richard.

Lea's accurate age is still up for grabs. Saw a lovely little self-adjustment on the live screening where she claimed to be 15 years older than Nikki's 24 years, which was quickly downscaled to 11. We're getting closer......

No comments: