Thursday, February 03, 2011

January/February reality slump

There is a dearth of reality TV at this time of year (especially sans Celeb BB. Sigh).

What have we got? Dancing on Ice, which is stretching the definition of celebrity to the very utmost, and...er...NOTHING ELSE. I've even been watching a bit of Hell's Kitchen over on ITV 2 despite the atrocious Ramsay. His wife was on Dancing on Ice a couple of years and it's a wonder they've got all those kids because she moved as if devoid of sexuality.

Anyway, super-jazzy and very expensive BBC ads herald the coming of Masterchef! And I LOVE Masterchef. Things are looking decidedly up.

Which reminds me, I have fallen head over heels in love with Lorraine Pascale who shows us the Easy Way to Bake on BBC2. Oooh lordy, she's my kind of chef. Cheesy pastas, herby breads, fruity pastries, chocolatey cakes...she's a heart-attack and heart-ache rolled into one. I wish she lived in my kitchen.

No comments: