Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Easter Bank Holiday Weekend TV (14-17/4/06)

Was it just me or was it a bit of a poor show this weekend? Lucky it was sunny or I'd have got well eggy. Apart from the funniest My Name Is Earl yet - I've been wondering when he might get a girl - which was just so wonderfully funny it almost made me emote, and a fascinating programme on BBC2 about famous Easter paintings called The Private Life of a Masterpiece, I struggled to be entertained, and that simply isn't fair on a bank holiday. In the spirit of familial conviviality we watched My Family and Other Animals on ITV2 on Sunday, a comedy-drama which pretty much defines gentle humour. But look, LOOK! Look at my pick of Easter TV. It's so boring I think I might just expire on the spot. And HOW many times has Match of the Day been on over the last four days? And where was the C4 countdown show which could have eaten up four hours of my time - 100 Greatest Easter Cock-Ups, number one being the crucifixion of Our Lord Jesus Christ himself? Mind you, I suppose if He hadn't died for our sins, we wouldn't be able to shove chocolate in our mouths. I may as well just do a review of my Easter eggs:-
Lindt - bloomin' yummy, particularly the nest of Lindt mini-eggs on which the major egg rested. Not strictly my egg, brought it for fella, but delicious nevertheless.
Cadbury's Buttons - Ah! Buttons. A staple foodstuff since childhood. Found myself emptying the entire transparent packet of buttons directly into my gob at about 12.43 this morning.
Flake Moments - an upgrade of the humble Flake, this confectionary product mimics the form of a box of chocolates, adding dark chocolate coatings and white chocolate sprinkles to the basic crumbly, milky chocolate foundation. My favourite was the nutty milk chocolate covered Flake. While Flake Moments do not fall under the standard remit of Easter eggs, they proved crucial to the relentless chocolate-eating marathon which has been taking place over the last three days.
Verdict - Salad.

No comments: