Monday, February 27, 2006

This Weekend's TV (25-26/2/06)

The centre cannot hold now David Seaman has been knocked out of Dancing on Ice. Who cares about Langford, and Faye, and Booth (Booth? Why's he still there?), now that Seaman, that majestic oak tree of a man, has gone? Well I don't, so at least I'll get out on a Saturday night at last. Watched a bit of American Idol last night, and that was quite nauseating. Lots of American teens who looked about 35 making my head hurt with interminable "ooooh-ooh-ooooo-oooooh-ohhhh-ooo-hhh-oh"-ing like Mariah Carey stuck on a spin cycle. Thank goodness for the now-obligatory Sunday night American Dad and Family Guy, programmes which remind me that telly is good and worthwhile again before I launch into another week of watching potentially depressing bilge like Davina. What I did miss over the weekend, somewhat ruefully, was Trisha Goddard presenting The Friday Night Project; although I also know that the stench of desperation that emanates from Justin Lee Collins and Alan Carr - who realise incrementally, and every week that the show stays on the air, that they are destined for cable and radio obscurity - wraps its deadening shroud around any interesting guest host and makes the entire show unwatchable. So probably fortuitous I was in the pub. Luckily, looks like Trish has gone mental over Phil Daniels' entry into Eastenders (see comments for Wednesday Night's TV 22/2/06) so I don't know if she'd have been really that perky anyway.

No comments: