Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Tuesday Night's TV (10/1/06)

PEOPLE came round last night and ruined my CBB viewing, although I was able to catch moments of the Barrymore/ Burns/Marsh row. Everyone is concerned about Marsh's allegiance with Chantelle but Barrymore should be about his with Burns too, the 'Dead or Alive' singer is a posionous little dysmorphic toad. However, JM once again demonstrated her wilful, woeful ignorance with the argument, "I can't help being who I am" and "I can only say what I think". Well, that's ok then. Don't ever bother applying a filter to the claptrap which emerges from your ridiculous-looking mouth, or try to learn anything or educate yourself further, because that little brain you were blessed with is just fine and will get you through life. Your period of self-improvement is over. You're perfect as you are. It's the same as people who say, "Well, that's my opinion, everyone's entitled to express their opinion." Great, let's all 'express' ourselves to each other and never debate and never move forward, and sit around like fish with our mouths opening and closing in some sort of dumb reverie.
The PEOPLE stopped me from seeing who voted for who and how and why, so I can only comment on what. Much as I have issues with all three nominees, I don't want to see any of them go, because they all bring a welcome antagonistic edge to the house. Get rid of this lot and we're going to end up with a CBB like BB4 - absolutely DIRE. Out of the three, I want George to go the least because he's one of the only housemates with some level of intelligence, and Pete to go the most, because he is one of the most superficial, malign people that has ever disgraced my telly. Only this moment in time, in history, can produce such a creature as this. We should all look at him, be ashamed, and start making the world a better place in our own individual way.
The obverse of CBB is the telly which parades famous fatties, who we don't laugh at because of their redundant personalities but because of their rolls of flab and wide arses. Celebrity Fit Camp started a new series last night on ITV. It's not my cup of tea, but, at least after the initial exposure of their rotund forms in bras and pants, the programme enables the celebs to achieve something and probably gives some overweight people at home a spur to go to the gym. My favourite bit is at the end when they sit the two groups on a giant weighing machine on these little swings with their chubby legs absurdly hanging into free space. They look like giant babies. Producer, please put them in pants at this point!
And can I just mention It's Me Or The Dog on C4, a programme which brings in an expert to deal with problem canines? The schoolmistressy Victoria Stilwell, said expert, has to be one of my favourite presenters on TV. She deals with these dog-owners like the naughty pups themselves, and so she should. Last night, Nick didn't want outrageously oversexed Pugsley castrated because he saw it as a reflection upon his own masculinity. Dear God. Has anyone got any pliers?

1 comment:

Telly Ellie said...

I'm tuning in as we speak.....